Migraines & Headaches Community
Tingling/numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Tingling/numbness

A month ago I experienced some tingling on the upper right side of my head. Days later I had a very bad headache. Then about 2 weeks later the tingling continued and then randomly while at work my vision went blurry, and my face inculding my tounge went numb along with my hand. It all lasted about 10 minutes, then I felt fine. A bit worn out but fine. Now I am only experiencing an occational head tingle throughout the day, and randomly throught the day my face near my cheek will go numb and then come back. I do get some pain in my neck that gets better with a heating pad but that is not often. I do not experience the blurred vision anymore but now sometimes eye pain/ sharp pains in various parts of the head. Any ideas what this could be. I'm worried this could be MS? I checked my blood pressue and at times it is slightly high, I get some hot flashes while at work, heart races after going up starts or just randomly it feels like its beating fast. I NEED HELP! I have an appointment with a neurologist but I have to wait until oct. 12th and I am going insane thinking about it everyday.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Aside from TIA,  this could also be due to hemiplegic migraines which present with headache and numbness. Try to avoid the triggers that could be causing your headache. To diagnose MS, a variety of tests needs to be done. But direct clinical examination and imaging techniques such as MRI are important. Take care and do keep us posted.
just make sure you have an mri scan done. to be safe just in case. it could be anxiety or something non serious. but def have them do and mri. a hope all goes well. god bless
Thank you so much for the response! :-)
i have the same thing,,left side of my face temple and cheek is numped and tingly all the time,and i have these shooting pains all the time,,i ve read about TIA "MINOR STROKE" and iam sooo afraid this could be the case, please if u found out whats wrong post it ASAP. hope its nothing serious.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
I will keep you all posted and um_3amori.. You should really go to the doctors. I was afraid to at first because I know I am a hypochondriac. You never know what could be wrong. I am still on the assumption that its a brain tumor or ms but still i know i always think worst case.  

Ive noticed that my head kind of twitches/shakes from time to time when I try to keep it still but IDK if its just me paying WAY too much attention. Am experiencing  upper next soreness too. So that could be related.
I meant upper neck** soreness.. Symptoms come and go.. not constant and also ive only experience full blown face numbness and blurry vision twice in my life! The blurry vision has not came back.