Aa
A
A
Close
Topamax, wellbutrin, and prozac non stop sweating
Hello, i'm a 16 year old boy and i was prescribed topamax 25mg for migraines over a year ago. A few months ago i was also prescribed wellbutrin 300mg and prozac 10mg for depression and anxiety. When I first started taking the topamax i hardly sweated. I did start sweating a fair amount before taking the wellbutrin and prozac but the sweating has just increased since then and i've been getting large stains on my armpits just from sitting in class. I sweat most when it is about 50-70 degrees outside and i'm not doing anything. I am also a distance runner and run 6 days out of the week year long usually 30-40 miles weekly. I hardly sweat while excercising. Please help me out and tell me how I can reduce this sweating! I've tried all the clinical strength deodorants and everything! Should i have the topamax dosage increased or stop one of the other medications? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
620923 tn?1452919248

Hi, did u inform ur Dr about this side effect? If not, please do, here is a paragraph from this link -http://www.drugwatch.com/prozac/

" Patients taking Prozac may experience a host of side effects, including sexual dysfunction, dry mouth, nausea, headache, diarrhea, nervousness, restlessness, agitation, increased sweating, weight gain, insomnia and drowsiness."

Do not stop any meds with out talking to ur Dr, BUT always tell ur Dr of side effects/.
Comment
Cancel
620923 tn?1452919248
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes I informed the doctor and the sweating strted before i was prescribed prozac.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Migraines & Headaches Community Resources