Migraines & Headaches Community
Topamax and social inhibition

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

Topamax and social inhibition

First of all sorry for my language but i do not speak English very well

I have been taking Topamax for 10 years for the chronic headaches . The result has been excellent. For the past two years I can say that the pain is completely gone.

However I have noticed that since I started taking it I was closing in on myself gradually to become what I am today: A person completely asocial, solitary, very quiet and that my greatest wish is to be locked in my house and enjoy my loneliness without anyone bothering me.

10 years ago I was exactly the opposite.

My question is : those who take Topamax have noticed this social inhibition like me ? or it has nothing to do with the topamax?.What doctors can tell me?

I know that Topamax produces a tremendous dullness but i dont know  if to the point of becoming socially isolated as I did.

My doctor and my psychiatrist say it is time to start removing the Topamax but I'm afraid that the pain starts again.

Please i need your opinions : Can a medication change your personality so radically?

Tags: Topamax, asocial

Hi,...I was on Topamax as well but did not have those effects but I was not on as long as u are....

The way I see it nething is possible, even if it is not a listed side effect, we are all different and may react/respond to meds differently then neone or most ....so u should talk with ur Drs as what might be the issue and see what can be done to resolve it.

Do u know the root of ur HA's?

Good Luck and keep us posted.

PS- ur English is very good.

Do u know the root of ur HA's?

Good Luck and keep us posted.

PS- ur English is very good.
Hi selmaS !

Thank you very much for your answer.

Topamax is prescribed for blood alcohol, bulimia, addiction to the game ...
My doctors tell me that Topamax might curb my desire to do things.

I have depression and anxiety for years.
I do not know which of these is the cause of my isolation

In 20 years of visiting doctors never matched with the diagnosis of my pain.
I only know that either by chance or not I was relieved Topamax

Thanks again and best wishes for you