Visual Disturbances
I have been seeing halos, star busts and glare and sudden flashes and black dots for the past 8 months. In the beginning i was so worried because my vision just changed gradually, ive been to 2 eye hospitals and ave done loads of scans they still don't know whats wrong they cant see nothing with my eyes at all, the symptoms i have are non stop day and night but gets worse st night every light in vision becomes halos with s star bust and glare of anything and everything, i also have had a MRI scan that showed clear and also a lumpur puncture that was clear too and nerve test was clear too. i done saw  another neurologist 3 months from now saying this is all migraine acute migraine because i ave no pain in my head, since 3 months now been taking proponolol tabs for migraine from 20mgs to 6 tabs a day and i still don't see no difference at all in my vision. today i remembered something i have had a gastric band done in June 2011 ans since ten till now i have lost 32kgs, since i had the band done i was nearly vomiting 3 - 4 times as day guessing the band was too tight. now am thinking maybe it was to do with that hard coughing and vomiting which caused pain in head while vomiting. i still don't know whats wrong with my vision as everything is coming out clear, can you please let me know if you know what this might be, any suggestions? it is also causing me anxiety and depression with this visual disturbances which is in the way, thank you.
How are you? What other symptoms are present? It is good that initial diagnostic tests and evaluation were normal. While visual disturbances are most commonly associated with migraine headache, other possible issues such as medication side effect, secondary causes, and local eye conditions should also be ruled out. If it persists, further evaluation may need to be done. A referral to a neuro-opthalmologist may also help. To rule out any complications from the previous gastric band procedure, you may need to check with your attending physician also. Complementary medicine such as acupuncture may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.
At present am still having same
Symptoms, no doctor knows whats wrong and am
Living with this all my symptoms haven't deceased or gone away still the same all doctors have discharged me
From there clinics and no further investigation is being made am
Still stressed about it because it is not normal at all and I don't know what to do anymore.
Thanks for the update. I understand your concern regarding this and while medical management may help, alternative therapies such as acupuncture and biofeedback therapy may also be beneficial. Hang on and stay positive always. Seek another doctor's opinion also and get additional and new feedback. Take care always and do keep us posted.