Migraines & Headaches Community
bad headache

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

bad headache

i dont know whats wrong but just yesterday i got this bad headache..it wasnt like any normal headache cause i kind of felt pain around my nose and its like the sides of my head was hurting. i took a tylenol and it stopped yesterday night but now it has started back
Hi ! It sounds like you may have a  sinus infection .I have had them before and have had the kind of headache you describe . It also  may be a migraine which I am also prone to. Either way, I would suggest you go see your Dr. If it is sinus infection you need some antibiotics .The infection can become serious if not treated properly. If it is a migraine your Dr can prescribe something for your pain . I know this may sound funny but a friend of mine taught me an accupressure move that really helps when I have a headache .Pinch firmly the webbing betwwen your thumb and first finger .Hold it for a few minutes .For me this helps reduce the pain and pressure .It may not work for everyone but there is no harm in trying it .I hope it works for you .I would still go see a Dr tho .Hope I was of some help Take Care Melissa
thanks for the advice. i went to the doc yesterday and he said i had a fever and he gav me a shot and the headache has stopped but im kind of scared it may come back cause the simpliest thing i do kind of cause me to feel just a little pain
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? It is good that you went to your doctor for further examination. try not to be scared. It would help to discuss the cause and management of your headache from him. This will help you you manage the pain if recurrences occur. Try also to identify the possible triggers of the headache so that you can avoid them. Take care and do keep us posted.
well today my headache has officially came back. just like last time it's still hurting on the sides. i dont know what is really wrong now that i see having a fever wasn't the problem. what is?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? I hope you are feeling better. Can you elaborate on the character of your headache?  Are there other symptoms present? If there was no previous trauma to the head or neck, this may be caused by primary headaches such as tension, migraine or cluster headaches. You may need to inform your doctor about this recurrence and may be given prescription medications. Rest, ice packs and relaxation techniques such as biofeedback therapy may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.
all i can really say is that the pain was on both sides....there was no trauma to my head or neck but i was just in pain. yes it has stopped again now but others symptoms that i have at this moment may not relate to my headaches because i really have another serious problem going on with me
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Thank you for the update. dull, non-throbbing pain, bilateral headaches associated with tightness of scalp or neck may be due to tension headache. The degree of severity remains constant and may be caused by emotional stress. Rest, medication,  ice packs,  and biofeedback may help.  Try to avoid stress as a trigger. Take care and best regards.