headaches from hell
I had a myelogram done and havent been right since.  My headaches are incapacitating.  I also had a blood patch,  I cant seem to get to be myself.  I am always in pain.  It has been two months, what do I do?

Headache is a very infrequent complication of myelogram. Rest and increased fluid intake relieve headache in most cases. However sometimes blood patch may be required. In your case even blood patch has not relieved the spinal headache. I would suggest you to discuss this with your treating doctor as you may need a repeat blood patch. In many cases repeat blood patch is successful in curing the headache.
Hope this helps!
Dr. Noopur-
My granddaughter has been in excruciating pain after a LP--after 1 week of
lying flat --she has had a Blood Patch--the pain left for about 1 hour and
returned again..My question is why when it has been proven that a puncture at an angle with the bevel cutting the dura inward creates a flap which will close behind the needle as it is withdrawn .The hole is self sealing.Spinal leakage is minimized and headache prevented. Why don't
all doctors do the LP that way.The research I have done out of 4,200 patients there were no LP headaches after the procedure was done this way. I am convinced her LP was not done correctly. This procedure should
be taught in medical schools to insure no one has to suffer this way.
Regards An angry grandma