Migraines & Headaches Community
weird feeling lower left side of head

This forum is for questions and support regarding migraine and headache issues such as: abdominal migraines, headaches caused by allergies, cluster headaches, headaches, headaches in children, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, tension headaches, visual disturbances.

weird feeling lower left side of head

I have had this weird feeling in the lower left side of my head. Just above the base. I have HORRIBLE eyes and often get headaches around the back of my head when i have had enough with my contacts but this is different.

Recently...I have had a weird pain, not sharp, but a dull ache that lasts a few seconds come up from the lower left side of my head to venture to the left side somewhere. Its not exactly retraceable and how many times ive tried i cant repeat it. Some days its not bad at all...

Lookin up also hurts the back of my neck, like i slept wrong. (i do sleep at strange angles and sleepin on my stomach doesnt help any)

Its not constant at all and isnt a classic "headache". I have a tendency to crack my neck and sit with my head at a quite angle watchin TV...  When i push a little above the left side base of the skull, it feels kinds sore (maybe thats a good word for it) and kinda hurts a little.... but i know im not supposed to be pushing around on my skull either. haha

Could it be something with a nerve? Possible I finally over stretched it? It didnt seem like a pulled neck muscle since its on the lower part of my head....

Im a bit of a worrier and hoping its nothing really serious. I alwasy run to the doctor for everything

Any comments?!
I have something very similar and am looking for a reason for this. I also have poor eyesight (estigmatism) and work in front of a computer. I've changed my setup and had my wisdom teeth removed thinking it was related. The headache came back today with a vengeance.

No solution here... I'll keep searching...
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.

Did you hit your head hard on something ? And how does the pain behave if you lower your head to look towards your toes ?And I suspect you have not experienced nausea/vomiting with this.

Regards

DrAbhijeetMD
I have copied these posting and amsending them to my Doc.Your symtoms (symptoms) sound like mine and there's and I also sit with my head tilted to the side.

Just a thought to post - I had been diagnosed some years ago with having OCCIPITAL NEURALGIA pain /headaches - it sounds a bit like what you have described.  My understanding is that the occipital nerve (s) run up the back of our necks into the brain - when stressed, the muscles in upper back /shoulders /neck tighten and can "strangle" those nerves thereby causing the pain , tingling, etc.  I know what you mean by spots - have you felt your head in those places and felt bumps or "hills/valleys" where pain is located?  I do - as does my mother.  I can tell you that I was taking Midrin for the pain - but there are other options.  Consult with a neurologist.

I've am experiencing sharp pain on the top of my head.  The pain is intermittent and feels like a one or two second sharp strike -- and always in the same spot.  It hurts to touch my hair in that area due to tenderness and I flinch when it "strikes." .  Usually lasts a couple of days.  Then it will recur perhaps 3 to 6 months from now.  Next time it occurs it will be in another location,but seems to always be at or near the top of my head.  Sometimes I also feel the pain radiate from my ear (left ear this time) to the top of my head to the same spot -- as though there is one little nerve that is throbing.   Please advise.

There is a nerve - the occipital nerve - that may be responsible for your pain. My occipital neuralgia started just like yours, with sharp jabs of pain near the center of the top of my head.  Even puffs of air would trigger these "lightning bolt" headaches, which eventually involved my eyes and ears, though the actual tender spots were along a line that ran from the top of my head to the bottom of my head on the back left side.

Beware that nerve injuries are often difficult to detect and treat successfully, and a large number of occipital neuralgia patients get misdiagnosed with dental problems or migraine headache variants.  If you seem to be getting nowhere with other doctors, consider visiting a reliable pain clinic, preferably one affiliated with a major teaching hospital. Pain physicians get the diagnoses right more frequently, especially for difficult nerve pain.

Hi I am Toni Ruth, I have been getting this weird clicking noise in my head, behind my eye's every morning. It always starts when I wake up. As I sit up I hear and feel a clicking noise behind my eyes and when I feel this I automatically get a nausea In my stomach. and sometimes my ears plug and unplug and plug and unplug during the whole episode. Oh, and the clicking noise sounds just like when you lock and unlock your car doors. Does anybody know what this could be. The Doctors dont seem too concerned about it. I had to beg the Neurologist for an MRI which I will get next week. I would appreciate any info that any of you might have. I hope you all get better soon thanks!
i get weird feeling is my head, its like the tinyest bit of pressure on my left side of my head and in my ear, not painfull just uncomfortable. i get worried i might have a tumor or somthing???? i also get cramps in my right arm sometimes in left, just wanna know im healthy?? if it helps i have anciety attacks occatonally?
I have similar symptoms with people here. I hear a clicking sound behind my eyes sometimes, either when I stand up or move around or when I think of something stressful, for example when I think of the work that I have to do.
I also feel the pressure on the left side of my brain/head concentrating on my left ear, feeling similar to it being heated.
I have recently found out (from doctors) that I have an allergy that causes nose blockage that causes a blockage of the Eustachian tube (since this tube and the nose canal or whatever it's called lie close to each other) which can cause a feeling of opening/closing of my ears (mostly felt in my left one).
Maybe you want to chack this out, as I thought this might be related.
If anyone knows more about this please post here.
I also have astigmatism like some other people here, though I don't know how would this be related, maybe because of stress in the eyes? I also started using the computer a lot a while before this symptoms took place.
I also feel a numbness in the left part of the whole of my body. I feel this in connection to a pressure on my heart. I thought that this probably means a parasympatetic NS excitation, that could have followed from the fact that I am in stressful situations that started briefly before my symptoms.
So yes, as you have guessed, I am confused about this. Note: as I was writing this last sentence and realised that it is in fact the case, I heard another one of those "doop" sounds behind my left eye. As I said, I think that sound comes after stressful feelings/thoughts.
My symtoms (symptoms) are related i think in part to mobile use, the pain or irritation is in the lower-left side of my head and after examinations believe it might be nerves/anxiety can relate to this as well. The symtoms (symptoms) have been felt in my lower leg as well. Can be stress related as my doctor has suggested.