why is my son having so many vomiting style headaches?
My son is 8 and has been having headaches for about 3yrs now.  His doctor has associated it with his allergys.  But he doesnt really have any anymore.  He'll say "Mom I have a headache, and within the hour be vomiting for about two hours, until I can get him laid down and sleeping, sometime's he wakes up and vomits, and sometime's he just goes to sleep until morning.  Most of his headache's are in the evening times.  So maybe it's diet or something he has done all day.  It just makes me nervous, like today he got one and a nose bleed all at the same time, went to the doc and they gave him nausia med's and sent us home.  He's resting now but I just don't like this and the "take two and call me in the morning, diagnosis"  What should I do,is there anyone else's child that suffers from this? My husband did for 10yrs of his life until his soph. year in highschool they dianosised him with TMJ of the jaw, he got braces and is now fine!  I don't know if this is some heretatery thing, but I hate it! Please help! THanks so much!

How are you?
I would suggest you to get his eyesight checked. Poor eyesight causes headaches which gets worse in the evenings due to strain.
The possibility of migraine also cannot be ruled out. Please consult a neurologist as soon as possible as headache for 3 years needs to be evaluated further.
Take care!

My daughter is 6 and she's often gets a headache, looks pale then she'll vomit within the first few minutes to hours of complaining.   She complains of the headache usually when she gets in the car or it is often later in the day.  She tends to eat yogurt, fruit and pastas often and doesn't really eat a large variety of food so I don't expect it's a food allergy.  Often she complains when she's tired or hasn't gotten the best nights sleep.  Illness happens often when she has nasal congestian so I'm wondering if it's allergies or sinus infection.  She's been dealing with this for a few years.  We had a neuro test done and had a CAT scan but that only showed nasal congestion.  As a parent, it's devistating to watch your child go through this.  What can I do to eliminate or prevent the problem?  Is there some other test I should ask for?  Would you recommend an eye doctor or allergy test?  She has this issue in all seasons so if it's allergies it's not seasonal.  
LV

I am 45 years old and I had migraines since I was seven years old. I learned that the best way to deal with it is to study the patterns whever I get migraines.

The most often trigger for me is a cloudy humid weather in the morning, with a drizzle and sunshine coming through the clouds. I usually go for a hot shower to prevent it, Sometimes it works. I just stay indoors until the weather changes.

I drink milk after two hours of the first symptom , a ripe papaya fruit also helps ease the pain.

I also avoid energy drinks, coffee (espresso), and bottled orange juice because these also seem to trigger migaine attacks.