Multiple Sclerosis or Muscular Dystrophy?
I am 37 years of age, have had a recent history of severe abdominal bouts, including stomach/colon/small intestine and bladder infections.

At 29yrs, I had my gall bladder removed (no prior abdominal pain since the age of 18yrs old) - Age 32, glandular fever, severe muscle lameness, kept on IV drips for a few days - Age 34 Pneumonia with major bladder and kidney infection. Then at the age 36 Mar 06, severe abdominal pain. Severe attacks of cramping/vomiting/diareah - lasting 24 - 72 hours - absolute wreck, leaving me feeling like I have been disemboweled (6 attacks all through 2006). In July 06 they prepped me for surgery, thinking it was a burst appendix - NO APPENDIX FOUND. Had the works in x-rays, CTs, scopes & umpteen blood works - all clear.  I am now being treated for IBS by a GP as I felt the Gastro specialist is too procedurally inclined (next on his list is exploratory surgery!). I have too many other symptoms to just concentrate on the gut. (swallowing difficulties, gnawing pains in my legs -like the muscles are being eaten, paralysis to the extent of having to use a walking stick (lasting up to 24hrs), tired to the point of falling asleep whilst driving, chest/lung pains and others). These are always overlooked by the drs as the symptoms are inconsistent - they tend to want to treat them as they happen 1 at a time.  

I am now beginning to wonder if it might be my neuro system that is self destroying or my muscles that are wasing away?  I really am desperate for some help and would value your opnion.
Me, again.  How recent was the onset of your gastro-intestinal problems?  
Quix
Please say words to me!

Quix