Muscular Dystrophy Community
Multiple Sclerosis or Muscular Dystrophy?

Muscular Dystrophy (MD) refers to a group of more than 30 inherited diseases that cause muscle weakness and muscle loss and eventually cause you to lose the ability to walk. Discuss topics including Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), other types of MD, symptoms and ways to improve quality of life.

I am 37 years of age, have had a recent history of severe abdominal bouts, including stomach/colon/small intestine and bladder infections.

At 29yrs, I had my gall bladder removed (no prior abdominal pain since the age of 18yrs old) - Age 32, glandular fever, severe muscle lameness, kept on IV drips for a few days - Age 34 Pneumonia with major bladder and kidney infection. Then at the age 36 Mar 06, severe abdominal pain. Severe attacks of cramping/vomiting/diareah - lasting 24 - 72 hours - absolute wreck, leaving me feeling like I have been disemboweled (6 attacks all through 2006). In July 06 they prepped me for surgery, thinking it was a burst appendix - NO APPENDIX FOUND. Had the works in x-rays, CTs, scopes & umpteen blood works - all clear.  I am now being treated for IBS by a GP as I felt the Gastro specialist is too procedurally inclined (next on his list is exploratory surgery!). I have too many other symptoms to just concentrate on the gut. (swallowing difficulties, gnawing pains in my legs -like the muscles are being eaten, paralysis to the extent of having to use a walking stick (lasting up to 24hrs), tired to the point of falling asleep whilst driving, chest/lung pains and others). These are always overlooked by the drs as the symptoms are inconsistent - they tend to want to treat them as they happen 1 at a time.  

I am now beginning to wonder if it might be my neuro system that is self destroying or my muscles that are wasing away?  I really am desperate for some help and would value your opnion.
Me, again.  How recent was the onset of your gastro-intestinal problems?  
Quix
Please say words to me!

Quix