Muscular Dystrophy Community
bursitis..in Muscular Dystrophy patient

Muscular Dystrophy (MD) refers to a group of more than 30 inherited diseases that cause muscle weakness and muscle loss and eventually cause you to lose the ability to walk. Discuss topics including Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), other types of MD, symptoms and ways to improve quality of life.

bursitis..in Muscular Dystrophy patient

adult female with Muscular Dystrophy developed bursitis in shoulder...has pain and low grade fever.
What is course of treatment and or complications due to other problem of MD ?? MRI shows fluid in joint of left shoulder. One dr. blew it off...now what? Femaile has history of PE and other conditions so she can't afford to put off and have this develop into serious problem that may require surgery. Female not a candidate for general if surgery indicated...so then what?
I can tell you that most of the folks I talk to have their bursitis treated by steroid injections.  I do not know if MD excludes this as a possible treatment.  I would definitely talk to your doctor about whether or not this is an option.