Nephrotic Syndrome Community
High pth and kidney concerns

WELCOME TO THE NEPHROTIC SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This is a patient-to-patient support community where you can find others who share your interest in Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome. The mission of this community is to provide a place for patients and their loved ones to share the best information and support possible.

High pth and kidney concerns

I am a 26 year old female with no underlying health problems.  My endo checked my pth levels after my vitamin d 1,25 results came back high at 89 a month before.  My obgyn ordered the 1,25 when I asked her to check my vitamin d...not sure why she ordered that lab instead of 25. I am 5'8.5 and 165 lbs.

Results may 15 2012
Pth intact 87
Serum ca 9.3 (9.3 in march 2011)
Ionized ca 1.24
Phosporus 2.9
Vitamin d (25) 40 (22 in march 2011)
Creatinine .6 (.7 in march 2011)
Bun  10 (16 in march 2011)
24 hour urine normal at 303 
Alkaline phosphatase 49 (43 in march 2011)
No stones that I know of
Negative for celiacs

Follow up on 7/30/12
Pth intact 94
Serum ca 9.1
Ionized ca 1.22
Phosphorus 3.1
Creatinine .7
Bun 16
Alkaline phosphatase 55
Still no stones
Vitamin d (25) 41

What is this looking like?  I'm concerned about this being the beginning of Kidney disease or failure even though my creatinine and bun are fine.  Oh and I don't drink alcohol and I'm not a recovering alcoholic. 
Is it normal for my ca to fluctuate like that in just 2 months?
What are the possible causes for my high pth. I have researched the heck out of ca homeostasis and I am stumped with my results. I take in enough ca etc in my diet as well.

Thanks!

Hi ,,,,,,im not a doctor just an aussie woman, and i can relate to your fluctuating levels,,,,,,,,,myself and my 17 year old son ,,are having this problem, vit D fluctuating  calcium going up and down,,,PTH high ,,,,,ive seen 4 endoconologists for my son ,,,,,,and they just put him on Vit d ,,,,which makes him worse,,,,,,,,,, they say he could have a parathyroid tumour,  but it doesnt show in scans and till his calcium stays high consistantly they just let him stay unwell,,,,,,,, my Mum had a PTH tumour out that didnt scan the week before they went in,,and they say it had been there for years ,, her calcium always fluctuated,,,,,,,,,,so might be worthwhile looking further,,,,,i wish you lots of luck and hope the docs are much better than what im dealing with  Jules