Nephrotic Syndrome Community
One kidney - Pregnancy/Labor delivery
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE NEPHROTIC SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This is a patient-to-patient support community where you can find others who share your interest in Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome. The mission of this community is to provide a place for patients and their loved ones to share the best information and support possible.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

One kidney - Pregnancy/Labor delivery

Hello! When I was 5 years old I had a surgery called Ureteroneocystostomy to correct a reflux condition (VUR). I am now 30 years old and have one functioning large kidney which has over compensated for the small kidney that never fully developed. I also have never had any other health problems and have always been very healthy :) I am now 7.5 months (30 weeks) pregnant and want to know if I should be considered high risk for my labor and delivery? Would a C-Section or Natural Birth be ideal for me or is there really no reason to lean towards one or the other. Is there more of a strain on the kidney either way? Any other information about this would be greatly appreciated so I can discuss with my OBGYN.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nephrotic Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank