Nephrotic Syndrome Community
Pregnacy with nephrotic syndrome

WELCOME TO THE NEPHROTIC SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This is a patient-to-patient support community where you can find others who share your interest in Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome. The mission of this community is to provide a place for patients and their loved ones to share the best information and support possible.

Pregnacy with nephrotic syndrome

i am a 31 year old lady and i lost my daughter in stillbirth at 30 weeks of pregnancy in july due to hyrpertension induced by pregnancy, but i also want to try and conceive again but i dont know if how and if it will be possible and i wont have repeat. Currently i am on losatarn and predisotone. Is there medication which will help me to carry to term and also how soon can i try again since its been only 3 months since the stillbirth.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. I understand your agony of having had a still birth at 30 weeks and the apprehensions with trying to conceive again. You are at increased risk to have preeclampsia in a subsequent pregnancy if you had preeclampsia in a previous one. The risk is increased depending on both the severity and time when the disorder first appeared in the first pregnancy. The earlier In pregnancy you developed preeclampsia and the more severe the disorder the more likely it is to recur.
To improve the outcome check with a doctor for detailed evaluation of your blood pressure and kidney function.  Continue taking losartan. Clotting function should be assessed if you have had vein clots before. You  gynecologist should check why you are taking prednisolone.
Try to lose weight if obese, it reduces  risk of developing eclampsia again. Control of diabetes, if you have, before pregnancy reduces risk of having preeclampsia again.
To improve the outcome, consult a physician regularly. Good prenatal care and strict adherence to all the antenatal visits, baseline blood and urine tests and repititions to aid in early detection of the condition. Subsequent antenatal visits may become more frequent.
You can try to conceive as soon as possible. Share your concerns with the doctor and that this is a precious pregnancy.
If you develop preeclampsia you and the baby will be monitored regularly.  The time of termination of pregnancy will depend on the clinical judgement of the gynecologist.
Take care
thank you for the information. Recently i have been diagnosed with Vi B 12 Deficiency and i had injection for seven days 1ml, and taking the same amount once weekly for 8 weeks. Iam wondering will this affect the pregnancy if i decide to have a baby and will i take this medication for the rest of my life.