Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Are these things related? Should I be worried?
About This Forum:

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Are these things related? Should I be worried?

I've been having rapid uncontrolled horizontal eye movm't which is increasing in frequency and duration. Have had confirmed episodes of PLM without associated cortical arousals, central apneas, and oxygen desaturation w/a nadir of 84%. The doctors look into my eyes, but when it isn't happening. Does atrial ectopy have any relation? I'm worried because a doctor described another test as my brain not knowing where my head is.That sounds funny but they are serious. Are these related? Who should I see? This is from different doctors. Also but probably unrelated are some serious spinal cervical, thoracic and lumbar damage (w/ cervical fusion.)
Tags: central apnea, uncontrolled eye movement, PLM w/o cortical arousal, atrial ectopy, oxygen desaturation, head, eyes, brain
Related Discussions
1760990_tn?1313541798
Dear quicksilverwoman,

Thanks for posting your query.

From the information that you have provided, I assume that you are having involuntary eye movements which is known as “Nystagmus”. Nystagmus occurs due to an abnormality in the centre for eye movement control (which lies in the cerebellum and its connections). There can be multiple conditions which can cause this abnormality. However there is no relation between these eye movements and atrial ectopics.

I would like to know if you have undergone a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan of the brain. If not, I think you should do MRI of the brain to look for other causes of nystagmus. I would suggest that you consult a neurologist, who after a detailed neurological examination would be able to guide you through the test.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Shiva Kumar R
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker