left eye twitch along with small muscle spasms and headache

Hi all

I have had a twitch in my left eye for about a year, it has been getting worse and worse and now it seems to be pretty constant, it's a slight flicker of my eye lashes that I can't control I seem to get it more when i'm at work, but it can sometimes happen when i'm relaxing reading a book or just having a chat with a friend. As I said it seems to be getting worse and I can now feel a slight pressure sometimes under the eye, my right eye is starting to do the same, although no where near as bad a the left, but I can sometimes feel a pressure at the bottom corner of my right eye.

I also sometimes get small muscle spasms over my body, which could me anything from a small twitch in my arm, to a twitch of a toe. I'm not sure if the problems are related. I also have a headache sometimes, move of a pressure which isn't that bad just a noticeable pressure in my left temple.

Any advice or ideas on what is going on would be greatly appreciated. This is driving me insane.

Ellie
Hi, my OH had this and research on the net all pointed to stress. Are you more stressed than usual? also do you look at computers all day at work? Have you had an eye test recently?
regards
Hi there.  Eye twitching is associated with high caffeine intake, excess fatigue or squinting, prolonged hours with a computer or reading.  Sleep and relaxation helps. Twitching involving both the eyes could mean blepharospasm. You may experience relief with warm compresses, eye massage of the eye lid, topical or oral anti histamines. muscle  spasms of skeletal muscles can be due to dehydration and electrolyte abnormalities,etc. Special form of spasms called dystonias include torticollis and blepharospasm. This could also be a part of  multiple sclerosis. Consult a neurologist for the needful evaluation. Take care.

sometimes stress and drinking too much caffine can cause a twitching in your eye like that. I would stop any caffine your intaking for awhile and see if maybe it helps...that's what I was told to do for about the same thing. Hopefully that might help. I hope it gets better.