Neurology Community
2nd Opinion

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

2nd Opinion

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this -

I'm a 36 year old male for about a year and a half now I've been having some weird symptoms - it started with headaches and some balance problems which lasted roughly three months.  Then I began having stiff, sore, achy legs, not weakness just sore heavy legs.  No muscle atrophy either.  Over the last year it has gotten better at times almost too where I don't even feel it anymore then it will come back and seem to be worse.  Also have some numbness in my left arm and twitching in my left thumb - which may be related to using a mouse at work (I'm left handed) and have gone to a more ergonomic setup.

I've had lots of blood work, brain MRI - clean, back and neck MRI no surgery needed but some bulging in disc L5 -S1 also EMG/NCV came back normal except for mild peroneal neuropathy seen bilaterally.  I was examined by a neuro who told me I didn't have ALS or MS and that he would call if need after he received the results of the EMG/NCV - haven't heard a word from him.  Chiropractor tells me the bulging in L5-S1 is causing the pressure on the peroneal nerve and that the source for my problems.   Is it that simple?
Lyme disease can cause all of those symptoms.  Do you live in Maine as implied by your screen name.  If so, it's even more likely.  Blood testing is not very accurate so it really takes a lyme specialist to diagnose it.
Hi there,

Could be something simple, could also be one of the Neuropathies.  Have you had a Nerve Conduction Test done?  If not, I think I'd have one done.  It can pinpoint any nerve damage that might be involved anywhere along the pathways.  Better safe than sorry.
Have you have Spinal MRI's done???  Lumbar and Cervical?  I'd have that done too.  I
think before I'd see the Chiropractor again.

Blessings
I have had both MRI's done and no surgery needed but some bulging in L5-S1 - you don't think the Chiropractor knows what he's talking about?

Also - ENT Doc. tells me I have level 3 allergies with a deviated septum  and a nasal bone spur - he thinks the allergies are causing the dizziness and that the inflammation from the allergies around the bone spur was causing the headaches.  He's giving me allergies drops and the headaches are gone - the dizziness has improved.
That's great!  I'm so glad to hear that you are better!

Blessings
Well, I'm not fixed - I still have the other problems - what did you mean about the chiropractor?