Neurology Community
ACDF Surgery Alternatives/ Dangers of not choosing surgery.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ACDF Surgery Alternatives/ Dangers of not choosing surgery.

I have been recommended by a Neurosurgoen to have the surgery even though I was not garanteed the pain in my neck and the numbess/pain in my hands and arms would permanantly be gone. I was assured the neck pain would just be a future  part of my young 41 year old life as I age, Is that just a "Protection" phrase Doctors need to say as not to give the patient hope were there might be none?
I am going for "MY" second opinion tomorrow and I an just trying to gather questions that at the first consult was unable to even get a word in (or remember) when the Doctor spent 20 min. with me after waiting 2 hours after my scheduled appt. for him to see me,Unmedicated since I was forced to drive myself to the appt. So the experience felt rushed and to him "prevalent" to him enough to make me feel like I was a car to fix.
He did mention that without the surgery I could "Do more harm" if not careful.
I am seeing a Top Dog in this field for the 2nd opinion and the reviews I have read of him were quite well in all aspects of his practice from Staff to actually performing the surgery. Except one thing all reviews had in common was his "Dry Personality". So I need to walk in with a Valium in me and Questions in hand! I am a very excitable person when I am nervous so I dont want him to run away before I get my woes across to him! He works with Sport figures Etc...
Any advice about Aternatives and or progressing my injury for not choosing surgery would be appreciated.
Thank You. Dani