Neurology Community
Angiogram and strokes

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Angiogram and strokes

Last May I had a femoral and coronary angiogram together and a very large bruising on the insertion site, (from my knee to my hip). Two weeks later I had a mild stroke. I know I am diabetic (type 2) and had been for 16 years and the angiogram was done because I had a foot ulcer that wasn't healing. But I am trying to work out if the angiogram could have caused the stroke. I can now only walk with crutches after rehab because my weakness is in my left hip and shoulder. The reason for my enquiry is I just want to be able to get fitter as I am only 41 with a nine year old daughter. I am driving and my memory, speech etc was not affected just my ability to walk.

Thank you