Annular bulge seen at c4-c5, c5-c6, c6-c7
Some one close to me has received the following message in the MRI report - "small annular bulge seen at C4-C5, C5-C6 and C6-C7 region". She has been having pain near the left shoulder off and on for quite some time. Several visits to the neuro, ortho and physiotheraphy has just back with probably a muscular stress and needs to do back and neck exerises.

I would be grateful if some one could explain the gravity of the MRI report and also what can be done to deal with this.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to examine you I can not offer you the specific advice on diagnosis and treatment that you need, but I would try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

Most likely this may be pinched nerve in cervical spine due to bulge, therefore pain may be referred and perceived as occurring in the back of head, shoulders, arms or chest, rather than just the neck. Other symptoms may include vertigo, nausea (dizziness). Even then, if you suffer continuous symptoms, please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the further underlying disorders by clinically examine you & ordering MRI or CT scan here that may be the main reasons of your symptoms and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!