Anti-Gad positive and muscle stiffness during pregnancy

I am a 31 year old female pregnant with my second child.  Since the beginning of my pregnancy I have been suffering from a weird muscle stiffening issue.  Such as, slow to release hand grip or a type of hand cramp where it contracts with movement then take a few seconds to release.  Also, when I stand from a sitting position my legs muscles will freeze up and then relax after a few seconds.  The same type of sensation happens when I'm driving and turn my head to change lanes.  My neck muscle will freeze and then take a little while to relax to normal.  
At the beginning of my second trimester was the worst.  I was having trouble walking down the street or climbing stairs.  Even my toes would cramp and freeze when I would get out of the bath tub.
I had spoken to my OB/GYN early in the pregnancy and she thought I was referring to leg cramps (i.e. "Charlie Horse") that often happen to pregnant women. She had suggested increasing foods high in magnesium, potassium and calcium.  I am a pretty healthy eater and most of the items on the list she gave me were already in my regular diet.  But these contractions are not sudden painful spasm type muscle contractions.  They are even not that painful, more uncomfortable and interfere with my regular movement. I finally emailed her after two days of this intolerable stiffening. I saw another OB/GYN who stated that this was probably not gynecological and sent me to see my regular internist.  My regular doctor did routine blood tests and checked for any vitamin deficiencies, which results were all within normal range.  She suggested that since magnesium was in the lower region of normal I begin taking a low-grade supplement and see if it helped.
Although the symptoms are not as severe as they have been in the beginning of my second-trimester they are still present. On another note, I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and am controlling it with diet.
Finally, I got an appointment with Neurology.  One of the blood tests that came back positive was that of anti-Gad.  I know that this test has to do with diabetes, so maybe it is linked to my gestational diabetes?  I’m not really familiar and have been trying to understand this but can’t seem to find enough information online.    Could the positive anti-Gad results have to do with my muscle stiffness?  What does this result mean for my sugar intolerance after the birth of my child?  Is there an indication that I will continue to have diabetes?  Any information on these subjects is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

This discussion is related to Stiff Person or Endocrine problems.
You may have Myotonia congenita, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/br.fcgi?book=gene&partid=1355
it symtoms sometimes only appear during pregnancy, it is a rare congenital neuromuscular disease seen usually in starting in childhood but sometimes manifests later in life or since you say you have an Anti-Gad titer that is a good indicater along with the diabetes that you may have developed stiff person syndrome an equally rare disease through not herititary but autoimmune in nature and often associated with diabetes and other autoimmune disorders,
http://rarediseases.about.com/od/rarediseasess/a/stiffperson.htm
this is a serious progressive neurological condition so please make sure to get to a good neurologist as soon as you can you need an EMG...
It sounds like Myotonia, the anti-Gad could be a result of the diabetes regardless... so good luck..I hope you find a decent Neuro they are hard to come by.
I had the SAME EXACT problem during my pregnancy! It went away after my daughter was born and 9 months later its back again! :( Did you ever get any answers?