Arm Pain Blood Tes
I had a blood test about a week and a half ago and while blood was being drawn I noticed a powerful burning pain during the extraction. During the rest of that day I had a burning sensation and thought nothing of it, believing that it would go away. The next day I woke up, I would notice that when I stretched out my elbow It would feel like something was being stretched and sometimes sting with a sharp pain, (perhaps a nerve or vein). Over the recent days I noticed new symptoms such as my hand getting numb and the arm being slightly dark than the other one. I recently had an Ultra-sound, X-ray and MRI done on the arm and none of them showed any results out of the ordinary. I'm not sure what could be the problem and was considering looking towards a neurologist for answers Any suggestions, possible diagnoses, or tests recommended?
Also I am 20 years old and current had no medical problems prior to this.
Hi!
Normally the vein puncture at the blood test site does not pain after an hour or two. There maybe slight bluish discoloration which is not painful. People often forget that there was a needle puncture. However, if there is pain persisting then probably there is infection or inflammation of vein. You probably have thrombophlebitis or swelling (inflammation) of a vein caused by a blood clot. Dopplar ultrasound is quite conclusive in this—otherwise venography is performed for confirmed diagnosis.
Often clinicians can diagnose this by clinical examination alone. Normally analgesics, anti-inflammatory and some anticoagulant (please never take this on your own as they can cause bleeding into organs) are given for this. Avoid hanging your hand down for a long time. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.