BODY JOLTS / NECK PAIN/POPPING
My neck started popping hundreds of times a day followed by pain and burning sensation at base of my skull five months ago.  Now along with the neck pains, I am getting severe body jolts during day and night which feel like someone is shooting me with electricity.  MRI, blood test, EMG, Xray and neurologist have shown nothing wrong.  They are trying steroids now but on day 3 is hasn't helped. They all say no one has these symtoms.  HAS ANYONE HAD THESE SYMPTOMS?
i get jolts of shooting neck pain which ocasionly can go down my arm but have never seen a doc about this and don't have them as severe like you.  
I have severe body jolts shooting through my body. Everything is similar to the comments by LW156. I just came out out from the hospital. I went through every test possible (MRI, scans, AKG, blood test, X-Ray...etc and neurologists are puzzled because nothing shown wrong. This is a real torture because it continues day and night. Please if somebody has the same symptoms and found a cure let me know.
I also have all the above symptoms, began in June 07 with many other life altering symptoms. I have several Autoimmune Disaeses, connective tissue disease, and spine degeneration: C-5,6,7.The neck pain is THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!
I also have these jolts its like some sort of nervous systems reacting to  movement i make i have been on anti ds for a while but tried to cut down ive been gettin them before i was prescribed this med. I  also have been to the doctor and have explained the symptoms to him but no,says im fine.Its annoying because as im wrighting this now i am getting them its like my heart stops for a mil of a second and then reboots.I know your pain this is why i looked this up online,hopefully some of us can find out what the hell is wrong.
I get the same thing everyday, sometimes their very painful. I also get very bad headaches !! Doctors tell me its all related to stress. I don't believe it is and that their just using stress as an excuse.
I have been sufferring from the same painful jolts at the back of the neck for almost a year now, I am 39 years old, male, and does not have any medical condition at this time except maybe for fatty liver, which is not really a disease. I have consulted a doctor about my fatty liver and gave me Metformin 750g once daily dose, I have been told that it maintains blood sugar levels and might be beneficial to lower SGPT, mine of which is off the roof at 200 (normal is 10-12). I was to maintain this medication for 2 months, which i did, and 2 months passed without any jolting pain. I have stopped last week taking metformin because i was really busy at work, and the neck jolts have recurred. I do not know if the jolting pain, the SGPT, the fatty liver, Metformin, LDL and stress might somewhat be connected.