Neurology Community
Bleeding on the brain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bleeding on the brain

a week ago today my grandfather was taken to the hospital. We were told he has bleeding on the front portion of his brain. He is unable to speak, other than a few words. He just is lying in bed staring. He does seem to know our voices and shows minimal facial expressions. The doctors at the hospital have left my grandmother in the dark as to what is  going on with his. I am just trying to find out what the front portion of the brain controls. We dont know if we can expect him to talk again, or even be able to function on any level. He squeezes my hand when i ask him to , so i know he understands me. He is trying to smile and is able to move his hands well. We are assuming this is a stroke but havent been told for sure. My grandma is 78 years old and is in total confusion. She has been told for a week that the doctors would call her so she carries the phone around with her, but the call never comes. I know you cant tell me what is wrong with him, but hopefully we can get some understand of what the front of the brain controls and know a little better what progress to expect. Thank you for any information you can give me.