Neurology Community
Brain Scar Tissue

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Brain Scar Tissue

I have not recovered from brain surgery in 2005 and have been told, from an MRI, that scar tissue exists. Has anyone had a procedure to remove brain scar tissue?
No, but I want to tell you that I have read two books written by physicians who had to undergo brain surgery, one was a woman doctor, it's in the nonfiction section of the library, the librarian can help you find that one.  Sorry, don't have title or author, can't remember.  But anyway, in there it says sometimes when you have brain surgery, you will have lasting aftereffects.  As to removing scar tissue from the brain, I don't know the answer.  Perhaps you could do a general online search with the words "brain scar tissue" as your search term, if someone else doesn't post here.
Sorry, I am just getting to read your post.  I have had two surgeries for brain scaring, one in 2009, and the second in 2011.  Both surgeries were microveindecompression, which placed teflon spacers between the 7th cranial nerve and the blood vessel; along with removal of scar tissue.  The scar tissue basically pushed the nerve and blood vessel together as it grew.  Needless to say, the first surgery, although successfull for 14 months, was overcome by the scar tissue.  The second surgery was not successful although scar tissue was removed surrounding the nerve and blood vessel.  The second surgery has left the right side of my face weakened.  The "sesures" continue and pull my eye closed.  Performing a smile is impossible, the face just locks up.  I believe the facial muscles are weaken.
I had brain surgey seven years ago. As it result, it left me with a scar in back of my head. I am now eighteen years. I am fully healthy. However, the scar tissue has affect my self-esteem. Is there any way scar tissue can be remove?