Brain "noises"
I am a 61 year old woman. I'm 5'6" and weigh 195 lbs. I am in basically good health. I take Cozaar, Clonidine, Zoloft and Fosamax.

My problem has been going on for about 5 days now. It's very difficult to describe but I will try.

I "hear" and "feel" a buzzing in my head. It feels like electricity is running through my brain. I know the brain does have electricity, but this has never happened to me before. Sometimes I get a little light headed. Yesterday I noticed that if I close my eyes, it goes away. Sometimes it stays away for a while, but other times it stays until I close my eyes again.

I have not changed any medications and was just at the doctor for an annual checkup about 2 months ago.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

How are you?
It is possible that your symptoms are due to Zoloft. Zoloft can cause light headedness and dizziness in some people.
Please discuss this with your treating doctor as soon as possible as you may need dose adjustment.
Take care!
Hello Dr Noopur,

Thank you so much for your comment. I've been taking Zoloft for 6 years now with no side effects. But I will discuss it with my doctor.

Thanks again for your comment.
Blessings,
Barb