Neurology Community
Brain sensations

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Brain sensations

My uncle (55) the example of perfect health-Never Smoked or Drank) has been seen by numerous Specialists, since 2005! been tested for everything under the sun. He went from serious flu-like symptoms, to truly almost dying about three times, he believed he was close to death. Everything from nausea, passing out, weight loss(50 lbs.), no sleep (afraid he would die), super high fever three weeks at a time, NO appetite, vomitting, And a very very strange sensation in his head, which he still says he cannot explain it, (he cant put it to words, feels like crawling), but it is a freightening sensation to him, it actually creates a fear & sense of urgency  where he calls for someone, anyone in the house to come help, He says also, the actual sensation wakes him up from a dead sleep! He was never told anything but "probably just a virus" no explanation! he eventually got better slowly over 7 months, Then at the exact time of year the following year he said it started again! this time he said the way he felt (the feelings & sensatoins he felt when he finally started to get better the first time around) is how he felt when it started the second time. He no longer goes on rollercoasters says that it can Trigger the feelings in his head? He lives in Maine, does construction, and is a lumberjack type guy. When I said he was tested for everything I mean everything, the last specialist was for luekemia and other types, that Dr said he has the body of 25 year old perfect health! Any DOCTORS please help! What could it be??? I believe ha has not come across the right Doctor!!!

How are you?
It is possible that the crawling sensations that he experiences are due to anxiety and stress. Since you say all the tests have been done, I assume an MRI of the brain has been done as well which was normal.
High fever, nausea and vomiting and weight loss are symptoms of an acute infection. Only a physical examination and blood test will help in the diagnosis.
An ENT specialist can be considered to rule out inner ear diseases like Meniere’s disease since he is getting strange sensations which are triggered on a roller coaster. Take care!