Neurology Community
Bright yellow fluid leaking from nose

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Bright yellow fluid leaking from nose

I recently saw my doctor for what I thought was a sinus infection on 4/4/2012. He prescribed me an antibiotic and a nasal spray to help. I ended up not taking the antibiotics because I felt significantly better by the time I picked them up. Now I've started to notice a bright yellow fluid that sometimes leaks out of my nose. (It's almost the same color and consistency of yellow gatorade) At first I thought the nasal spray was causing the color change but its been over 5 days since the last time I've used it and I still see the bright yellow fluid.

Should I be concerned? Should I take the round of antibiotics even though I don't feel sick?

Thanks so Much!
Yes, you should be concerned. These infections become encapsulated and can migrate to the brain or the cranial nerves. You may have to have the sinus cavity punctured and irrigated in addition to antibiotics. See an ENT specialist as soon as possible.