Burning Sensation in Lower Back & Abdomen
I have read some of the posts on burning sensations of the skin, however most of the posts describe their burning sensations moving about their extremities and facial areas. My burning sensation is contained to my lower back on a daily basis ( worsened when I lay down). The burning in my abdomen area only occurs when I am laying down. These two areas do not feel warm to the touch, and I have never told a doctor about them. I am 57 year old female in very good health. My BP 110/67, however I have always had a rapid pulse of 80 - 100. What I want to know is whether or not this is something I should pursue with my physician?
Thank you!
Dear Victra53, Thank you for your question. Without being able to examine you in person, it will be difficult to say anything precisely. I think your burning sensation near to areas of back & abdomen could be due to any nerve compression in spine. Another possibility and aggravation of symptoms occur in post-menopausal women due to hormonal changes. I would recommend that you consult a neurologist first to understand the extent of your symptoms and appropriate symptoms. Hope this helps.
Have your Doctor run a CBC and Blood smear, and be sure part of the CBC checks your vitamin B12 levels.  I have heard of low B12 causing burning sensations on the body.  
I ve been having a burning sensation on my lower back and abdomen expecially some days to my menstration for d past 2yrs.This is so strange to me.Pls guide me