Burning Sensation on Left Hand

I have been experiencing burning sensation on the back of my left hand (upper thumb region) since last night.  It has happened to me occasionally in the last few weeks, but for just a few seconds. I've called my doctor and I'm going to see her in a few hours.  I also had a headache last night (right side), something that hadn't happened to me in a very long time.  It went away with tylenol extra strength, aspirin didn't work.  Also, lately my eyes (especially the right one)  has been really dry and I'm using eye drops to relieve the pain caused by the dryness.  Anybody has an idea on  what is going on with me?  I'm a 38-year old, healthy woman.  Thanks!  
The symptoms of headaches, dry eyes and burning sensation on the skin of hand may be due to Peripheral Neuropathy. It may be caused by Diabetes, Post herpatic neuralgia, Alcohol, Vitamin deficiencies particularly B12 and folate, Autoimmune diseases like Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, Guillain barre syndrome, Exposure to toxins, Nerve entrapments etc. Please consult a physician and neurologist for examination, diagnosis and treatment. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!