Neurology Community
Burning muscle pain and elevated C-Reactive protein. Dystonia or nerve ...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Burning muscle pain and elevated C-Reactive protein. Dystonia or nerve damage?

I am 39 years old and started having upper back and neck pain about 3 years ago.  The pain is a burning pain, not a stabbing, throbbing, or dull ache.  My trap muscles are extremely tight and in constant spasm.  MRI and x-rays show nothing but mild degeneration.  I have found some relief from the burning pain with Lidoderm patches, Lyrica, and Botox injections.  I can
I have read your testimony about your nerve pain.  I have been researching a lot of drugs that have been on the market for a long time.  A lot of them cause nerve damage.  You should find another doctor who can perform a small axon nerve biopsy, not just a nerve conduction test.  You have to be persistant about wanting the nerve biopsy!  Most doctors don't believe that the drugs on the market can cause nerve damage.  I know from experience!!!!  Have you been on any antibiotics lately or in the past.  The antibiotics ( levaquin, cipro, floxin, (the quinolone family of antibiotics) You should get on the internet and reseach these antibiotics especially levaquin. The type of nerve damage that it causes is small axon nerve damage and this causes so many strange symptoms in the body and in your head and brain.  I know that you believe in the LORD.   Praise him!  Good luck.
Thanks Docdo for your advise and encouragement.  I have not been on any antibiotics in a very long time.  I am going to arrive for my appointment full of backbone and determination and insist that the new neuro does more tests and takes me seriously.  My banner will be "God is my refuge and strength" and with his help i am going to beat this pain.
I have RSD or CRPS, and it seems as though we have a lot in common. I have an elevated CR Protein level, and I too suffer from burning pain. I hope that this is in some way helpful, and I will keep you in my prayers!! God bless you! Sending gentle hugs!