Neurology Community
Burning numbness in right leg only
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Burning numbness in right leg only

I have achondroplasia which is a form of dwarfism, and most everyone with this has spinal stenosis.  I have it in both my lumbar and cervical spine.  My lumbar spine only causes a problem with excessive walking and is always relieved by rest.  Over the past two years I started getting numbness in my hands and fingers just when i bend my neck backwards.  Then last summer I started getting this burning, or stinging feeling all over my right leg.  There is a little numbness with is, and it seems to always be worse at the end of the day.  I am scheduled for a laminoplasty at the end of march because i have an area of demylenation at C5 that has been steady, but in order to avoid numbness and tingling in my arms and hands I have to restrict everything that i do.    
My question is, do you think that this burning could be coming from my cervical spine, even if there is not burning in my arms or constant numbness or tingling.  the burning in my leg is almost always there, and just gets worse as the day goes on.  I have had one neurologist tell me it's not possible for it to be from my neck, and two spine surgeons tell me it is.  Also this last guy i went to said it could be coming from foramen magnum stenosis that my mri is also showing, but again everyone with achondroplasia has this and I haven't had any problems with this my whole life.  Although he's sending me to yet another neurologist to make sure I have enough room there or if a decompression at that level isn't necessary as well.  The laminoplasty so far is just for c2-c6.  
I'd appreciate any advice.