Neurology Community
Burning sensation in both upper thighs and both legs. what could it be?...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Burning sensation in both upper thighs and both legs. what could it be?

I have had mostly constant burning sensation in my upper legs for about 2 weeks now. It is accompanied by both lower legs having a warm water dripping down from them. It's very scary. The sides of legs also burn as if I'm standing too close to a flame. Anyone relate or any suggestions on what to do?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Numbness and tingling sensations are called parasthesia and you should get a MRI spine to rule out any spinal cause causing such sensations. Chronic paresthesia indicates a problem with the functioning of neurons.

Are you a diabetic or do you take alcohol? Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism. They can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

If the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a doctor.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Thank you very much for your response. its not a numbness or tingling. It literally feels like hot water or if I'm too close to a flame. I have gotten all blood work checked. I'm not a diabetic, or have any thyroid problems. The only thing my Dr. did mention I have low vitamin D. I'm at a level of 14. I have been prescribed prescribtion vitamin D in 50,000 units.ould that cause these burning and water dripping sensations? My biggest fear is Multiple Sclerosis. I know that the water warm feeling is a classic MS symptom. Im pretty much healthy before this.I'm a 19 year old Hispanic male if it matters. Thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...