Burning sensation in fingertips
I have recently in the last three days experience burning sensation in the index and third digits of the left hand what causes this?
It is so good to know I'm not crazy at all. I have the same sensation constantly in my left hand index. It is a burning sensation, that lasts a minute or two, It comes and goes.
Did you ever find out what causes it?
I'm still looking before I talk to my doctor. It has been for few weeks now. Please let me know.
Thank You

lulimarra
Hi, Thank you for your question. Burning sensation in the fingertips can occur due to several possible causes like multi-vitamin deficiencies ( esp. Vitamin B complex deficiencies), carpal tunnel syndrome( esp. if you are a left hander and frequently working on computer of with pen), diabetes( diabetic neuropathy),pinched nerves, Reynaud's phenomenon( burning sensation esp. triggered upon exposure to cold etc) or inflammation due to any recent injury to elbow or hand in general etc. You should consult a doctor who can rule out these general causes and refer you to an orthopedician or neurologist accordingly. Until then multi-vitamin rich and nutritious diet and hand exercises may help relieve pain. Hope this helps.