Can I have cord compression during my neck flexion?
Before 4 months on 7th December I had an accident and I had fracture in femur, undisplaced fractures in lamina and pedicle of c5 vertebrae, upper superior facet of c6 vertebrae, right frontal sinus, right maxillary sinus and a displaced fracture in mandibular subcondyle. After 2 months I started experiencing vibrations only in my back when I flex my neck, so I met a neurologist and had an mri of my cervical vertebrae. It said there is no evidence of cord or neural compression but mild diffuse posterior disc bulge at c3-c4 and c6-c7 levels but no cord compression and the mri is completely normal. My neurologist said its lhermitte's sign but he doesn't know the reason behind this and said there is no problem with that and just neglect it.Lhermitte's sign occurs when I flex my neck, so is it possible that there is cord or nerve compression during neck flexion. But even during flexion I don't feel any numbness or muscle weakness or anything. So could there be any cord compression during flexion?
Hi!
If lhermitte's sign is demonstrable in your case then yes, neck flexion is probably causing compression on the cord either due to the disc bulge or due to the deformities caused by fractures or spondylitis. There may be spinal nerve compression. Flexion and extension MRI and nerve conduction studies with neck flexed may be diagnostic.
Please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.