Can Small Fiber Neuropathy Be Diagnosed By EMG?
I had an EMG and was diagnosed with Small Fiber Neuropathy, I had no response in the Medial Planter Nerves, does this indicate Small Fiber?

I was told an EMG isn't able to detect Small Fiber?

Thank You
Josh
Any Idea
Hi there,
I was also diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy and am really in a lot of pain.
My neurologist stated that an EMG can detect large fiber neuropathy, and small fiber neuropathy is kind of diagnosed by ruling everything else out. There's also a biopsy that can be done to diagnose small fiber neuropathy.

How are you feeling? Are u taking any medication?
My EMG report said "Medial Plantar Sensory Nerves Absent Latencies Suggest A Small Fiber Neuropathy"  The bottom of my feet didn't have any response in the NCV test

I am in a lot of pain, some days I can't sleep, barely walk and drive. I also have neuropathy in both legs as well.  I'm have a horrible time coping with the pain and living a normal life...  How do you do?

I take Ultram 100 mg 4x Day
Neurontin 600 mg 3x Day

What medications do you take?
Hi, Josh, I was diagnosed by a test called a Q.S.A.R.T. test, in 2007. I live near cincinnati, the only hospitals that do the test in Ohio is O.S.U. in Columbus, and the Cleveland Clinic/ i was told.  I have bad pain in the balls of both feet, and the neuropathy continues up both legs(feels like the leg muscles have the FLU). Have had the pain since 1999. I am taking OPANA for the pain, it changed the feel in legs but not much if any in both feet.  I have tried very many drugs to help with the pain.  the only thing that helped much was the 3 day pain patch. Keep in touch, maybe we can help others with this overwhelming pain.  
I too had to go to the Cleveland clinic they did a qsart and tilt table test to find mine, now i have to go back because I'm told no one in Cincinnati is skilled in helping with it
Small fiber neuropathy cannot be diagnoised by doing an EMG a Plastic surgeon did a punch biopsy on me, they go in about 7 layers of skin & they then sent it out to Mass General where they put it under a microscope looking through your Nerve fibers in your layers of your skin. I hope this answers your question!!!