Neurology Community
Can anyone gimme some kind of answer?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can anyone gimme some kind of answer?

Alright...I'm 17 years old. I was very active, big into working out and all that, trying to make myself a better person. I never had any kind of physical problem, until I hurt my leg back in January. Admittedly I can be an anxious person and at the time I thought I had done something serious to myself. Around this time I was taking a pill to help me quit smoking (Chantix) and when I hurt my leg I started experiencing burning in both feet, interestingly enough. I was put on Effexor XR and Klonopin to help with my anxiety after it was almost ruled out there was nothing physically wrong with me. However I'd seen a neurologist in addition to the psychiatric treatment just to be sure.  He gave me a series of MRIs and blood tests, as well as a Somatosensory  Evoked Response test. These all came back negative, thankfully. He had also prescribed Gabapentin and eventually Baclofen, and recommended I have an EMG and a spinal tap after noticing my legs had become stiff. Anyway these medications induced some kind of psychotic attack, and I eventually stopped taking all of them. I never went for the EMG or the spinal tap, as I've almost completely decided they're both a waste of time. Now I'm off everything, the last being Effexor 300 mg, which I assume I am still withdrawing from. I've noticed a lot of side effects have gone away, some are still with me but it's nothing like it was not too long ago. Now my legs are still kind of sore and tight, but it's not really as bad and I'm noticing some pain in the arms and neck too. This whole thing has been a nightmare and it's stopped me from living my life, and forced me to drop out even tho this was supposed to be my last year of high school. I've become secluded and pretty much shut out all the people I used to consider my friends. I dunno if this is all just a terrible string of coincidences and interactions between all these drugs, or if I'm in serious trouble. If anything, I'm almost completely broken and each day takes a further toll on my mind. I honestly don't know how much more of this I can take. Does anyone know what's going on here, or what I should do? I know this all seems complicated but I'm only 17, and for once in my life I'm really scared. Can anyone please help me? Thanks for listening to my story, and any kind of feedback would be appreciated.