Neurology Community
Center of head has indentation and is sinking

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I was diagnosed with seizures/migraine headaches about 10 years ago. I am 40 years old, and the onset of the seizure just occured. I have just noticed within the last 6 months that the center of my head seems to have an indentation and is sinking. When I press on the scalp in that area it is tender to the touch, and it is a lump on the left side. The right side of the head is not the same in size. I have had Xrays, & a Mri of the brain this year which was normal. I cant understand what is happening, the migraines are frequent 2-3 wks, and I'm on med's for the Seizures. Topomax (topamax) and on Cafergot, & Reglan for the migraine's. I don't know what is happening with the center of my head, but it's quite noticeable. My hair has thinned out a lot, but hasn't come out in patches. I'm asking for some answer's because i saw some of the same problem's with a lot of people when i researched this. A lot of people think it's because of B12 deficiency & Calcium Deficiency. Have you heard of this problem?? The B12 deficiency making the bones soft is what some people think, but the skull is very hard; so I think the problem is bigger than this. Help!! Help!! Help!! The middle of my head in sinking in. /face/hands/feet numb & tingling. I've had the EEG done no neuropathy. Only carpel tunnel in rt hand & not that bad.

This discussion is related to Feet Burning and Tingling.
yes you should try a b12 med for a little while and multi vitamin for  some time um my best friend had the same trouble till i put hime on a multi 1 in the morn and one in eve followed by b12 in morn..
thanks for your reply, but are you saying that your best friend had the same trouble with the indentation in the top of his head and it appeared to be sinking in or the numbing and tingling in hands/face/feet. I'm really aggrivated with what's going on with that soft spot in the top of my head, and when I try to part my hair in the middle I can't get a straight part. I'm really getting scared, anxious, and mad because my head on the left side seems to be potruded slightly, and I can feel a slight lump on it. Of course when I went to the neurologist he sent me for an Xray of the head, and an MRI and of course it was normal. what else could it be. I know my body, and I feel lightheaded from time to time...not all the time. When i press in and around the area it's very mushy like there is no bone there. As I stated in my previous message when I researched this under Neurology Community: Med Help Member's Question Indentation In top of Head: there's hundreds of comments of ppl with the same symptoms and they experience B12 & Calcium deficiency. They state maybe being that there is a deficiency there is weakened bones or it can be normal anatomic variant (meaning the skull opening when we were babies) fail to calcify and close that can lead to this deformity, but is very rare. This scares me because why am I just noticing it, and it is tender to the touch. It's like the top middle to the back is sinking. I'm very depressed because I like to keep a short haircut, but I let my hair grow because it's very noticeable!! I'm sorry for going on and on, but I don't know what doctor I should see or what I should do from here!! I was just tyring to find out if anybody has every experienced this and gotten the right answer.
im changing my username to helpmeformerlyneedanswers there was a problem with my username for some reason. sorry for any inconv.
Cldn't change my username!! so it will the same.
I have a soft spot on the side of my head...its not the temple....one day it just happened...sometimes I wake up with headaches and the spot is more indented and softer....does anyone have any answers cause my doctor seems not think much of it...She asked me if I had ever had an injury to that part of my head and the answer is no...But she still seems to think its an old fracture
Check out lyme disease, or borellia infection.  Standard blood tests will not pick it up since the bacteria cannot be cultured.  You need to have very specialized testing through Igenix or see a lyme literate doctor.  
So sorry to hear that you are so sick, I was that sick too, a lot like your symptoms, finally, after years of being sick, found something, or I should say a miracle that has helped me, been sick for so long, it is difficult to even believe that I found something that is helping, but i am so grateful, first step is to make the connection to what is making you sick, please look into morgellons disease, please read about this disease, and nutrasilver (colloidal silver) for your recovery, it really works, and use borax to clean your laundry, it sounds weird, but I think you can get most of your once functioning life back, I could  write a novel about how sick i have been, all the mri, ct scans, neurologists, cardiologist, pulmonologist visits with no help, think you are being harmed by environmental toxicants, but don't take my word for it, read about it, that is how I started to find help, I never write comments, never, but feel I have to write to you, because I have been so sick, like you, and honestly have discovered something that could get you on the road to recovery, so in good conscience I have to write this to you