Cervical Dystonia & Herniated Discs C5 & C6
I am 47 female and was diagnosed with cervical dystonia in August and also found out that have to herniated discs C5 & C6.  I am in severe constant pain from the back of my head down my shoulders. I had two rounds of botox treaments and no relief. I am being seen by a neurologist.  The pain at times will also go down the left side of my jaw.  The pain makes me sick feeling.  Is there anything else that can help me?

I am still working a fulltime job as a System Analyst and its is getting to the point where I can't take the long hours and the stress of the job anymore.

My husband doesn't want me to quit. he thinks that I can just stay strong and move threw it. He does not understand the the pain that I am in.

Is there anything else that can help me?

Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include dystonia, postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments etc inflammations, fractures/ dislocations, referred pain from other regions, micronutrient deficiencies etc.
             Fir the dystonia of botox injections have not been successful, surgery may be an option worth considering while if the symptoms are believed to be due to spinal issues, management may deepening on the severity of the condition and may be conservative in mild-moderate cases or interventional/ surgical in severe cases. I would suggest consulting a primary care physician or a neurologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!