Chiari malformation surgery chemical meningitis complication

I completed my Chiari Malfmation surgery about 7 weeks ago and went home after 3 days in the hospital.

Once home I developed head pain, vomiting and went back into emergency room.

NS reports that I had chemical meningitis and gives heavy dose of steroids.  After 2 days I am able to go home again while finishing up a prescription dose of steroids.

After completing 1 week dose of steroids - the headaches (primarily in front of head and sinus area) start coming back.

Doc prescribes another 8 days dose of steroids (2mg) and I start feeling better but not completely revovered.

Question 1  - can the steroids remedy any chemical meningitis or dura reaction to the patch (cow membrane) permanently?

Question 2. - God forbid that my severe headaches return what would the best next steps be:  more steroids, spine tap, another CT/MRI?

Please let me know if any of this sounds familiar and what worked best.

Hey, how did this turn out for you?

I had my decompression surgery for Chiari just over a year ago and got a pseudomeningecele that had to be repaired, went in last week and ended up with chemical meningitis, it has been a long week!  Taking my steroids but really hope this takes care of it.  I have a cow patch too!  did they diagnose you with a lumbar puncture?  That was no fun.  I am really hoping this will end quickly and never happen again, the chemical meningitis is worse than the surgery!  Hopefully you healed well.  -zygy