Neurology Community
Concussion Help

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Concussion Help

On Saturday (Today is Monday), I was playing basketball and as I went in to go for a layup I was elbowed on the left side of my head. I finished the play and did not have any loss of conciousness, did not fall down, and just had some pain in the head from the blow. Following that I noticed ringing in one of my ears, that lasted a few seconds, and a slight headache began to develop that was no generalized to a specific area, but rather kept feeling pain in different areas of my head. The headache pain is mild, but is concerning to me whether I have gotten a concussion, I do consider myself a chronic worries as I tend to think I have certain conditions. I also seem to not be able to focus clearly or think clearly. Still two days later I feel the headache pain, it is the same as it was, still mild, and alternates throughout the head, it is on and off, I have the pain sometimes, and then I'll forget about it and then it will come back. I was trying to do homework and I seem to not be able to focus, I am concerned whether it is from the concussion or just from worrying. I am wondering if it could have any permanent damage. All info is appreciated thank you!