Neurology Community
Continuing pain and preessure following C-5/C-6 fusion
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Continuing pain and preessure following C-5/C-6 fusion

I had discectomy/fusion of C-5/C-6 four weeks ago. I had the same surgery almost three years ago due to rupture of C-6/C-7 disc.  The plate used for the first fusion was removed and a new plate now connects C-5 to C-6.  I breezed thru the surgery three years ago with barely any pain.  This time has been totally different and the neurosurgeon says my symptoms are totally abnormal and followup MRI and CT have both shown excessive fluid in the vertebral area.  I had a CT myelogram this past week and am still awaiting the results of these two procedures. I am a RN and have always had a very high tolerance for pain, but not this time.  The pain in my neck and upper back and shoulders has been horrific the majority of the time.  I am still having to take too many Percocet each day to just get thru the day. The symptom that scares me the most is a continuing pressure in the back of my head and back of my neck  I have a history of migraines/headaches, but I do not consider this a headache.  The pressure is always there and is uncomfortable.  The pain meds I take do help relieve some of the pain from the pressure, but I just would like to know if anybody has experienced this symptom or does anybody have any ideas as to what is causing the pressure?