Neurology Community
Deep pain in both arms

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Deep pain in both arms

Hope someone can help!

I have been having deep pains in both arms for about 4 years now and the last 8 months has been hell.

I have been for nerve test and it was all clear and they have ruled out carpel tunnel! The sharp pains feels as if they are in my arm bones and the pain is so bad that im unable to hold anything for a long time (even a pint).

I have been waiting now for 2 months on the LOVELY NHS for them to get back to me for more tests.

If there is anyone that has had the same problem I would take all advise and will also post info if doctors find any solution.

Hi there.

If the nerve tests turn out normal, then this may be a problem with the other structures in the hand such as the muscles, bones and joints.  These are commonly due to stress or some non-ergonomic tools related to the house or to the work area.  In some instances, a distinct cause cannot be determined and the condition may have to be treated symptomatically (with pain medications).  

I hope you and your doctors can get to the bottom of this soon.

Regards and god bless.