Neurology Community
Dent on top of my head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dent on top of my head

So today I just found a dent on the top of my head and I have no idea where it came from and I don't ever remember it being there before.
Is it something I should be worried about?
It is about an inch long and less then a quarter of an inch wide.
Tags: dent, head
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. The dent on the top of your skull could be one of the natural anatomical variations, bumps, bulges and dents. This sounds like one of the normal variation. This could be one of the suture lines of your skull which fuse and join the cranial bones and could leave a dip instead of a bump. Usually this is covered with hair and goes unnoticed. You may have discovered it accidentally while checking your skull. Unless there is a history of head injury or cranial surgery or any other neurological symptoms, you need not be bothered. Hope this helps. Take care.

It is gone now, so I don't think it was anything serious.
Could it have happened because of bumping my head perhaps?