Neurology Community
Dent on top of my head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dent on top of my head

So today I just found a dent on the top of my head and I have no idea where it came from and I don't ever remember it being there before.
Is it something I should be worried about?
It is about an inch long and less then a quarter of an inch wide.
Tags: dent, head
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there. The dent on the top of your skull could be one of the natural anatomical variations, bumps, bulges and dents. This sounds like one of the normal variation. This could be one of the suture lines of your skull which fuse and join the cranial bones and could leave a dip instead of a bump. Usually this is covered with hair and goes unnoticed. You may have discovered it accidentally while checking your skull. Unless there is a history of head injury or cranial surgery or any other neurological symptoms, you need not be bothered. Hope this helps. Take care.

It is gone now, so I don't think it was anything serious.
Could it have happened because of bumping my head perhaps?
I'm suffering from really bad headaches so I started massaging my head and found a dent its pain full to touch can you tell me have I got to worry or not thank you Margaret mardon
Hi I am also dealing with a dent on my head. It is on the left side top area. I have been having headaches recently and noticed it is on the same area where my headaches was. I read somewhere that patient who get steriod injection from there doctors tend to have dent on there heads too if they take too much. Wonder if there is a cortisol relationship as both inflammation and steriod raise your cortisol levels. Cortisol lead to weak bones and perhaps is the reason that cause d the dent. My issue is that I also have a red blemish from a bite or cyst like thing next to the dent so I am not sure if it related. Does anyone know or who can better understand this isuse I am dealing with. Thank you guys!