Neurology Community
Did I have a seizure?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Did I have a seizure?

background:
42yrs nonsmoker, nondrinker.  I have chronic migraines (since I was 15) and also trigeminal neuralgia on the left side.  My migraines are almost always on my left side as well.  I take daily Carbamazepine that helps keep the TN under control.  I have been taking it for nearly two and a half years.

Last night I couldn't sleep.  I had a migraine and was up until nearly 4am. (took maxalt and a pain reliever)  When I finally did sleep, I had an awful nightmare.  Very scary but the weird thing is that during the dream, I was shaking.  My hands were held up in front of my body, kind of like a boxer and my wrists were curled in.  When I woke up, I was still in that position, on my back (I never sleep on my back) shaking and my heart was racing. I couldn't move for a few moments but when I did, I went in and woke my husband who gave me a hug and said I was burning up hot.  I'm usually the cold one in our relationship but I was on fire.  I was muddled and confused and didn't know how to react to anything.  My husband got me an early breakfast and by the end of it, I was cooled down again, tired and very upset, almost like a dread.  I also had a really bad headache and my back and arms were sore.
I have never had seizures.  I'm on carbamazepine 400mg a day.  Could I have had a seizure?  I remember when I first started taking it, there was talk about if I had them and it was possible that the medication could trigger one even though, I believe it is used to treat seizures. . But my dose is very low, I believe...  It wasn't until nearly 12 hours later that I realized I was still worn out and talked to people who encouraged me to call my Neurologist.  I have an up coming appointment with him but I feel a little off about the whole thing and hope someone might be able to give me some advice.  I've read that most people are completely unaware that they are having seizures but I was dreaming and my dream gave me a mental reason to be shaking.  I was over come with dread and fear.   I guess I'm rambling now.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
-Carrie
I wanted to add that I was way too muddled to think about going to the ER or even taking my temperature so I don't have that information.  I don't think I had a fever, though. I think I was hot from shaking.  
I don't want to borrow trouble but I also don't want to ignore this if it might be my medication acting up.
Thank you again for any insights.
-Carrie