Did my husband have a chance to recover from cardiac arrest
My husbad is 48 yr old and have cardiac arrest 16 days ago.  He was down about 10-15 mins before the EMS arrival.  During that time I was doing the CPR on him.  After he arrived ER they found out he had a blockage in his heart and design do the surgery(Bypass) right away. He has been treated with cooling therapy for 24hrs after the surgery and then warm him up after that.  He having a seizure after they warm him up and the dr has been giving him Phenobrabital, volproic acid, propofal and other anti-seizure medication but unforturnately as of today, he still have seizures (according the EEG result as anoxic encephelopathy), dr. stop giving him propofal 5 days ago and he was only open his eyes,  he didnt response anythings and dr indicated that he is in vegetative state coma at this moment.  I would like is there anyone have a similar suitation and how many chance my husband can recover?  
Hi dear Sarama, I understand your predicament well and what you are going through. encephalopathy can include broad spectrum of symptoms ranging from mild like memory loss to severe like dementia, seizures and coma or even death. Anoxic encephalopathy may have no complications in short term anoxia to personality changes, severe brain damage to death in long term anoxic events. the prognosis depends on the initial cause and length of time taken to reverse or stop those causes. Therefore it is variable and ranges from complete recovery to s poor prognosis that leads to permanent brain damage or death. It would be really nice if you could discuss these possibilities with the treating clinician or the intensivist. Take care and all the best.