Dilated Left Pupil
Co worker noticed my left pupil was very dilated last Thursday morning.   I had no other symptoms.  Went to ER and they did blood panel to rule out diabetes; CT scan which was normal and MR brain and head w/no contrast and all came back normal.  Pupil was normal by end of day and has remained that way.  I'm a 61 year old female.  My blood pressure was normal (I do take blood pressure meds), my cholesterol levels have always been well within the normal range.  I had been taking Adipex-P to lose about 10 lbs.  The only thing the emergency room doctor thought could have caused the dilation was somehow I touched the pill, touched my eye (maybe putting in a contact) and the stimulant dilated my pupils.  Is that even plausible?  Also, while there was no sign of a stroke, could this have been a TIA...though I had no other symptoms?  I am seeing a neuro-opthamologist in 10 days, the earliest he could see me.  How worried should I be?  I was travelling when this happened and wondering if I should go to the ER here in LA at UCLA even before my appointment.  I have had irregular heart beats over the past six months...they only last for several seconds and maybe once every couple of weeks.  Had an EKG and echocardiogram which was normal--could this have caused the dilation?
How long have you been taking the Adipex-P?  In my opinion, that is the problem.  I don't think this was a TIA/Stroke.  

I don't know about touching the pill and then touching your eye theory; just the meer fact that you are taking this medication is enough to cause problems.