Dx with transverse myelitis
I was recently diagnosed with transverse myelitis in the ER. After a phase contrast MRI, it revealed a lesion in my T3. The doctors are saying an infection has invaded my spinal column. The symptoms began with some back pain (muscle spasticity) and then progressed to  numbness, tingling, burning and super sensitivity to cold, heat, and touch in my left leg. This took about 5 days to develop from the initial spastic episode. Around that time I developed urinary hesitancy and constipation. After about 9 days, my right leg has become weakened. I can still walk but sometimes my leg feels so heavy that I drag my foot. I have an appointment with a neurologist next week and they have me on an oral dose of prednisone. They are also suspecting the role of MS (multiple sclerosis) in my case of TM but no Dx testing has been performed yet for MS.

I am a very athletic 28 year old female. I am terrified of the unknown. I haven't received any answers on what can I do in the mean time before my appointment? Does anyone have any recommendations for treatment? Or could they share some experiences with TM? What about homeopathic or alternative medicines? Would acupuncture or massage therapy help? What about exercising the muscles I don't want them to atrophy, but I know that more inflammation would be a hindrance to my progress.

Also, how do I get rid of the T3 lesion? Are there antiviral meds that can cross the blood-brain barrier to fight the infection?

Please help. I am terrified...Any words of encouragement or suggestions are greatly appreciated.