ENCEPHALOMALACIA & GLIOSIS
Thank you for your answer, I reviewed my brother's MRI that he just had done and the findings show that he has focal encephalomalacia within the left frontal and left temporal lobes with the surrounding gliosis, could you possibly tell me what may be some of the syptoms or effects that this may or will have on my brother with time?   Do any studies show how quickly his condition will worsen or if it even will????  Is there no doubt that he will have complications in the near future due to his condition?  Thank you again for all of your help.

The frontal lobe of the brain mainly associated with long term memory, verbal fluency and the ability to take decisions.
The temporal lobe on the other hand controls the hearing, language function, comprehension and naming.
It is difficult to give an opinion without an opportunity for clinical exam. The progression will depend upon the age of the patient and the extent of encephalomalacia.

I would suggest you to consult his neurologist and let us know if you have more questions.