Eye Concerns. Inability to focus eyes.
I've been noticing more and more that I have trouble focusing on an object at times. I will stare at an object and then lose track of what I was staring at( it seems as if I'm somewhat ****-eyed and staring into space). I have good vision (20/20) and have never needed glasses or contacts. Can someone tell me what's happening and if I have something to worry about going on in life?
Hi there. This could be absence seizure activity or transient ischemic attack causing these spells of loss of attention. Consult a neurologist as soon as possible to investigate the loss of consciousness clinically. He would order for an Electroencephalogram for petit mal epilepsy, MRI brain to check for any pituitary adenoma pressing on the optic chiasma. You need to be checked for arrhythmias and cardiac reserve to rule out any emboli being dislodged into circulation causing TIA. A detailed ophthalmological examination should be done to check the vision and disc and the posterior chamber. Hope this helps. Take care.