Facial Muscle Control Loss
About a week ago, I awoke with a dry, chalky sensation on my tongue, and soon discovered that everything--even water--seems to taste bitter.  Even with nothing in my mouth, the sides of my tongue accentuate the bitterness.  Later, the left side of my face began to feel numb--as though I had been given an injection by the dentist.  I discovered that I couldn't control my facial muscles, when drinking from a bottle, spitting, and even whistling.  I used to be a good whistler, but can barely form my mouth to whistle now.  I am not a hypochondriac--in fact, I never complain to the doctor, which I visit as infrequently as is possible.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Did you ever get any help with this? That's exactly whats going on with me right now and its kind of got me freaking out since I play trumpet for a living.